|The Reference Architecture of eBusiness in Textile Clothing and Footwear sector [RSS Feed ]
Introduction to the current version of eBIZ/TC Upstream (2013-1)
Version management in eBIZ/TC Upstream
The official versions of eBIZ/TC Upstream (named with the year and a number, ex. '2004-1')
after the release are public and cannot modified;
they are available on-line and can be used also after the release of the further versions.
A version is made of:
- collaboration processes analisys (reference samples)
- different templates for the different kind of messages, XML documents, (XML Schemas, used to validate the documents)
and the related User guides.
- a dictionary of terms and of their coding
- optionally stylesheets (XSL) to show the message content and samples
The current official version (click here) should be always used as the reference.
The Draft version (click here) , differently, is a working version, accessible to the workgroup and to
the focus group members (in the final phases also registered users can access them) and is
under published for comments. It can be modified many times before the release of an official
Comments are welcome on all the versions (the last official and the draft ones):
the comments must be addressed to the staff (click
These documents and software can be freely downloaded and used,
they cannot be sold but you can embed them in your products and commercial solution
(you must only inform that they are present and developed by the eBIZ initiative).
XML documents and software of draft version can be freely downloaded and used;
WARNING, before to embed them into products and commercial packages be aware that
they could exist only temporarily and not being included in the next official version.
Moda-ML, 2013-1 version
THIS VERSION is the 2013-1, consistent with eBiz 2013-1
In this new release three upgrades are worth notice:
- 1- The revised and extended Data Model of Yarn
- 2- The association of RFID devices to products and transport packages
- 3- The refitting of the Textiles Invoice to the requirements of international commerce
The revised and extended Data Model of Yarn
- This extended set of data, usable to specify technical and commercial data of yarn in catalogues and orders, includes
the data that univocally identify the article and any classification or commercial information
- Manufacturing data
the data that specify the manufacturing and dyeing characteristics
- Quality data
the data that represent the quality (or faultiness) of the product and measure the quality variation that can occur between production batches due to the degradation of machines and other falls in the spinning cycle.
A set of data elements for the transmission of CIE-Lab colorimetric data is also foreseen.
The association of RFID devices to products and transport packages
The tagging of articles and transport packages with RFID technology ( both with GS1 and with company codes ) can now be reported in all the Moda-ML documents, and reference to the serial number wired into the chips can be made.
The refitting of the Textiles Invoice to the requirements of international commerce
A new base of data has been developed to deal with VAT description in all cases and in all countries, by introducing separate elements for the actual tax rate, the tax scheme and the tax category.
This set of data has been added in the line of each document concerning Purchase Orders and Work Orders.
Document General Purpose Request Updated
This document has been heavily updated in order to facilitate the restriction of the (products) object of the request and to use it to ask for a larger set of documents.
Element Note has been updated
The use of Note element has been increased in all the documents, both for cardinality as well as for use of structured contents (couple label - value agreed between the parties). It is to be noticed that the note element should be avoided if not strictly necessary and never should be used instead of already existing and structured elements.
In order to enable the managing of RFID data:
- The element EPC (String) has been created, as: identifier used for tracing a physical item with RFID technology. .
- The attribute TID (String) has been created as: serial number wired into the RFID chip
- The following attributes have been associated to the EPC element:
- numberingOrg [Optional] in order to specify the used scheme (e.g. EN/GS1 for SGTIN-96)
- TID [Optional] in order to identify the chip taht supports the EPC
- The element EPClist has been created with occurence (1-999) as: list of identifier used for tracing a physical item with RFID technology
- The element EPC has been connected as son (with occurence 0-1) of the element piece
- The element piece has been connected as son (with occurence 1-unbound)of the element TWIitem
- The element EPClis has been added to the following documents:
- Yarn in Work Inventory Report
- Textile in Work Inventory Report
- Garment in Work Inventory Report
- Raw Material in Work Inventory Report
- all the Despatch advice
- The element EPC has been added to the following documenta:
- Textile Despatch Advice
- Garment Despatch Advice
- Textile Darn Order
- Textile Darn Order Return
The refitting to the requirements of international commerce
Documents where the tax element <dtScheme>:
- Garment Accessory Purchase Order
- Yarn Purchase Order
- Textile Purchase Order
- Spinning Commission Order
- Knitting-Clothing Commission Order
- Warping commission order
- Textile Darn Order
- Yarn Twisting Commission Order
- Textile printing commission order
- Weaving commission order
- Yarn dyeing commission order
- Raw material Dyeing commission Order
- Textile Dyeing-Finishing Order
General Purpose Request document's upgrade
1. in the element "itemRestrict" you can now chose either of the three product code aggregates (yarn/fabric/accessory) and can indicate also the Party to which the products treated in the document belong.
moreover "itemRestrict" has been given further flexibility by allowing an open time period to be used.
2. the "refDoc" aggregate has been added to allow the specification of the document to which the requested document is related (e.g.: we request an Order Status Report that must refer to a given Order)
3. the element "RequestDocType" used to specify the document requested has now been linked to the codes table T21 instead of the codes table T53 (that has been disabled)
Codes tables upgrade
a. in the codes table T20 only the codes "3xx" referring to the fabric mending operations are now usable
b. the codes tables NT42 (general note qualifier) and T53 (document type for general purpose request) have been disabled.
c. the codes tables T8 - T32 - T263 - T275 have been updated
d. in the codes tables T22 - T24 - T261 the inglish description has been completed
The maximum length of the docID element has been updated to 80 characters.
The maximum cardinality of element note has been updated always to 19 and it has been added to all the Items of inventory documents (TWIItem, YWIitem, GWIitem e RWIitem).
the attribute "Totype" (purchase order type) has been introduced in the Schemas of the documents: